I am primarily looking for a small form tablet or smart phone device without the screen however I am open to any and all suggestions that your company can propose. A custom circuit designed to meet my specifications would be even better.
I would like a complete product to include wifi, a camera, gps, an accelerometer, and a battery. I do not need a screen or a keyboard. This device will be primarily used for streaming video and for detecting when it is moving by way of the accelerometer. It will have a very limited amount of functionality. I am not sure what types of components such as RAM and processor are needed but I am looking for the minimum amount needed to provide the functionality requested.
Essentially I need to re-purpose an Android device into the smallest form possible. Now that being said I would be perfectly fine with just the circuitry but a complete device would be even better. My number one goal is to get the functionality I am looking for, in the smallest form, at the lowest price. There is currently no industry design but if I could imagine one it would be as small as possible.
My first order quantity would most likely be 100. That might not work for your company in terms of order size initially but this device will be sold as a mass consumer product in the U.S. I plan to reach quantities sold of 20k by year three. I am also open to paying a development fee for the device if that is negotiable or an up front fee that is reimbursed once I hit a certain quantity which is currently the business model being offered by some competitors.
I need the ability to
1) To download my own apps and connect via USB to a computer
2) The device needs to have wifi
3) It needs to have GPS
4) It needs an accelerometer G (sensor)
5) It needs a camera but does not have to be extremely high quality
6) It needs a descent battery. Preferably 3000mah or better
7) It needs to have the ability to stream video that through a third part hosting service will be displayed on a website. I’m not sure if this requires the device to have to be rooted.
I have been more interested in tablets sense they seem to be less expensive however using the components of a smart phone is possible as well if it is seen as being less expensive.
I emphasize without a monitor for the product because for this product I feel that the monitor adds no functionality and is power intensive. The idea is to leverage the components of an android device but minimize cost of production and amount of power consumed.
I provided a sketch in the attached document. It only represents an idea of my ideal circuit. Hopefully it gives you an idea of what I am looking for ideally however I am open to any suggestion your team comes up with.
You have to deliver
1. A working prototype
2. Source for all materials i.e manufactures of the components and contact information. If the source is your company even better.
3. A tutorial on how to build the device. It should contain all the information needed to build the device myself.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Periods: 21 July 2012 – 28 July 2012
Jobs: Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Sourcing, Supplier Sourcing, Wireless
Budget: $1500 – $3000
Bid on this project